For the background to these pages, see the article in the site news (see note below regarding browsers).
Comments/corrections are, of course, welcome — and thanks to John Hobbins for helpful suggestions!
Online Resources for HB/OT Chronology
- Hayyim Angel
- “‘There is No Chronological Order in the Torah’: An Axiom for Understanding the Book of Joshua”, Jewish Bible Quarterly 36/1 (2008), pp. 3-11. [PDF]
- James Barr
- “Why the World Was Created in 4004 BC: Archbishop Ussher and Biblical Chronology”, Bulletin of the John Rylands Library 67/2 (1985), pp. 575-608
- Biblical Chronology, Legend or Science? The Ethel M. Wood lecture 1987, delivered at the Senate House, University of London on 4 March 1987. London: University of London, 1987. [PDF]
- John F. Brug
- “The Reign of Hezekiah” (n.d.). [Links]
- Gershon Galil
- “A new look at the inscriptions of Tiglath-pileser III”, Biblica 81/4 (2000), pp. 511-520. [Text]
- “The chronological framework of the Deuteronomistic history”, Biblica 85/3 (2004), pp. 413-421. [Text]
- Leslie McFall
- “A Translation Guide to the Chronological Data in Kings and Chronicles”, Bibliotheca Sacra 148 (1991) pp. 3-45. [PDF]
- “Has the Chronology of the Hebrew Kings been finally settled?”, Themelios 17 (1991), pp. 6-11. [PDF from Themelios | McFall]
- Visit McFall's personal site for further articles related to biblical chronology, some previously unpublished.
See also the listings of articles on Old Testament Chronology and New Testament Chronology at the BiblicalStudies.org.uk site.
Something to add? Write a comment!